Monkeys! is a major family-friendly exhibition which explores the fascinating world of primates. Presented within an immersive, multisensory and specimen-rich environment, the exhibition brings innovative taxidermy to life and invites visitors to meet both their primate ancestors and today’s apes and monkeys.
Available to hire from 2022.
The exhibition explores the extraordinary diversity of primates from the tiny mouse lemur to the mighty gorilla, examining how they live, move, eat, play and interact, and how they have evolved and adapted over time. It also investigates the relationship between humans and primates, including the threats of extinction, habitat loss and hunting.
Monkeys! features more than 60 spectacular, newly-prepared taxidermy specimens of monkeys, apes, lemurs, lorises and bushbabies, 6 engaging digital interactives and 3 manual interactives, stunning photography and films.
- Venue gallery size: 450 – 700 sqm
- Venue ceiling height: 4 metres recommended
- Conservation and security: High
- Standard rental length: 16 weeks
International touring schedule
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Brussels, 11 October 2017 – 26 August 2018
- Queensland Museum, Brisbane, 29 September 2018 – January 2019
- Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona, 11 December 2019 - 29 November 2020
- London (Location to be announced), 12 February - 31 October 2021
- Museum Centre Vapriikki, Tampere, 13 January - 28 August 2022
- Available for hire from October 2022