Maths Week Scotland is a week of events and activity, with special events throughout the year. Now in its fifth successful year, Maths Week Scotland will take place 27 September—3 October 2021 with the theme 'Our World'.
What is Maths Week Scotland?
You can uncover the maths we take for granted in our lives, and see maths in a whole new light during Maths Week Scotland.
Maths Week Scotland will return for 2021 with the theme 'Our World' including:
- Online events
- Face-to-face activity at local museums and science centres
- School activity packs for Early, Primary and Secondary
- Community learning activities
- Resources on maths in careers
- Virtual teacher and CLD provider CLPL sessions
Find ideas, videos and activities at www.mathsweek.scot
Maths at National Museums Scotland
Explore our year-round online learning resources for primary and secondary pupils.
- Discover Edinburgh Castle through maths from the comfort of home with our online trail. How was maths used to build the castle? How did the radius of a circle help people survive a siege? A paper copy of the trail is also available at Edinburgh Castle
- Find out about the importance of maths during the Second World War with a peek in our enigma machine and try cracking some codes
- Watch our Women in Maths video series. Did any of the careers surprise you? What other careers can you think of that involve/using maths? Try creating your own video by interviewing someone you know.
- For queries regarding schools activities at National Museums Scotland email email@example.com
National Museums Scotland are funded by the Scottish Government to deliver Maths Week Scotland.