Maths Week Scotland is a week of events and activity, with special events throughout 2020. Now in its fourth successful year, Maths Week Scotland will take place 28 September - 4 October 2020.
What is Maths Week Scotland?
You can uncover the maths we take for granted in our lives, and see maths in a whole new light during Maths Week Scotland.
Maths Week Scotland will be back for 2020 including:
- Online performances
- Activity packs for Early, Primary and Secondary
- Resources on maths in careers
- Virtual teacher CLPL sessions
Can’t wait until September? Find ideas, videos and activities at www.mathsweek.scot
Maths at National Museums Scotland
Explore our year-round online learning resources for primary and secondary pupils.
- Discover Edinburgh Castle through maths from the comfort of home with our online trail. How was maths used to build the castle? How did the radius of a circle help people survive a siege?
- Find out about the importance of maths during the Second World War with a peek in our enigma machine and try cracking some codes
- Watch our Women in Maths video series. Did any of the careers surprise you? What other careers can you think of that involve/using maths? Try creating your own video by interviewing someone you know.
- For queries regarding schools activities at National Museums Scotland email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Museums Scotland are funded by the Scottish Government to deliver Maths Week Scotland.