Alongside our core Project Team the project has an Advisory Board that comprises university and museum-based academics working in the fields of cultural and visual anthropology, military history, military anthropology and archaeology.
This multi-disciplinary group convenes bi-yearly and provides academic oversight and expert advice and networks for our project outputs.
- Henrietta Lidchi, Chief Curator, National Museum of World Cultures, Leiden
- Stuart Allan, Keeper, Department of Scottish History and Archaeology, National Museums Scotland
- Nicole Hartwell, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Scottish History and Archaeology, National Museums Scotland
- Peter Johnston, Head of Research and Academic Access, National Army Museum
- Maggie Briggs, Department of World Cultures, National Museums Scotland
- Christopher Evans, Executive Director, Cambridge Archaeological Unit, Department of Archaeology, University of Cambridge
- Clare Harris, Professor of Visual Anthropology, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford, and the Pitt Rivers Museum
- JD Hill, Research Manager, British Museum
- Charles Kirke, Visiting Fellow, Cranfield University
- John Mack, Professor of World Art Studies, Sainsbury Research Unit for the Arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas, University of East Anglia
- John M. Mackenzie, Professor Emeritus, University of Lancaster
- Alastair Massie, Research Fellow, National Army Museum
- Edward M. Spiers, Professor of Strategic Studies, University of Leeds
- Louise Tythacott, Pratapaditya Pal Senior Lecturer in Curating and Museology of Asian Art School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London