The Wheels and Wings Show
21 Sep 2019
It's full speed ahead for cars, bikes and birds of prey at the National Museum of Flight!
Adult £14.50/Concession £12.50*, Child £9.50 (under 5s free), Family of four £38 (2 adults, 2 children)
Parking: £4 per vehicle including Members
* Over 60s, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people (Carers of disabled people go free).
See amazing bike stunts and enjoy majestic bird of prey displays. Then zoom into our interactive zone and have a go on bikes, zorb balls, segways and more.
Don't miss our vintage vehicle parade and enjoy talks, crafts and object handling throughout the day. All activities included in admission.
Motorbike stunts from Steve Colley
2019's show sees a different kind of motorbike display featuring stunt rider Steve Colley. The master of balance and hair-raising stunts, for one part of his show he even uses a motorbike with no front wheel! Steve is a three-times British solo trials champion and three-times World Champion (TDN). See Steve Colley in action over on YouTube.
Always popular, iZorb will be bringing a selection of zorbing activities along for kids and grown-ups to try. Age limits apply.
Birds of prey display
Ben Potter will be back with his fantastic main arena display of majestic birds of prey. Between shows there is also the chance to get up close to the birds.
Muckmedden will be bringing a pump track and a wide selection of bikes along to the show. Children can test their skills and get tips from British Cycling certified mountainbike coaches.
Foxlake Segways will be bringing along segways for you to try out (age 12+).
Kite Display and Teddy Bear parachuting
See a huge variety of incredible kites flying and there’s also a chance for your favourite teddy to take a ride on a kite and parachute down! Wind dependent.
Balance Bike track
Wee ones aren’t left out with our balance bike track! Bikes and helmets will be provided along with guidance from a cycling coach.
Classic vehicle display
Around 150 classic cars and working vehicles will be on display around the site, including fire engine and traction engines.
Watch a selection of vintage vehicles parade around the site, led by Roger Blightly
Share your highlights on social media.
Bringing a classic car to the show
Every year we host a variety of classic cars as part of our classic vehicle display. Applications for the 2019 show have now closed but if you are a classic car owner and have any questions please contact Amy Russell on email@example.com.
The site is wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs can be borrowed free of charge.
Our land train, the Airfield Explorer, provides accessible transport between the hangars.
The hangars have ramped access, however, due to the historic nature of our collection some of the aircraft, including Concorde, are not accessible to everyone.
Adapted toilets are available.
Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
You can find more access information here.
Bringing your dog
Dogs are allowed in outside areas only and must be kept on a short lead at all times. Assistance dogs are permitted inside buildings.
Terms and conditions
Ticket and entry terms and conditions
By purchasing and/or using a ticket to Wartime Experience, Awesome Bricks or The Wheels and Wings Show (the Event), you are agreeing to National Museums Scotland’s (charity number SC011130 with its registered office at National Museums Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF) (the Organiser) terms and conditions as follows:
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- Tickets are valid only for the time, day and event stated on them.
- Tickets are not for re-sale. The ticket holder shall not sell or transfer or attempt to sell or transfer tickets for the Event to any third party without the Organiser’s prior consent.
- If you have purchased tickets in advance, please ensure before you travel that you have your tickets, have printed your e-tickets, or have your e-tickets ready to show on your mobile phone. If you purchase tickets online, they will be sent by email for you to print as an e-ticket.
- Proof of entitlement to concessions will be requested upon entry.
- Lost, damaged or forgotten tickets will not be replaced.
- National Museums Scotland Members must ensure their Memberships are valid on both the date of purchase and the date of the Event. A valid Membership card must be shown for each individual ticket purchased.
- Disabled ticket holders are entitled to be accompanied by one carer who shall be granted free entry to the Event.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets for the Event are not valid in conjunction with group rates or promotional offers, unless specified.
- Please retain your ticket(s) throughout your visit.
- Upon entry, tickets will be checked and wristbands issued, which must be worn at all times during the event and may be checked by staff or volunteers around the site.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone any aspect of the Event content in the interest of public safety or due to any event outside its control. If any part of the programme is cancelled or curtailed in the interests of public safety or due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, such as force majeure (for example, but not limited to, an act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, act or threatened act of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, fog or bad weather, power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, theft or malicious damage), the Organiser will not be obliged to offer any refunds. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If the Organiser cancels the Event prior to the event commencing, a full refund of the face value of the ticket will be made. Where possible such refund will be made to the purchaser via the original method of payment. Any refund made will exclude booking fees.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Event for any reason where considered necessary in the interests of public safety. No refunds will be offered in such circumstances. The Organiser may conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the persons at the Event.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to the ticket holder except where any such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its employees or agents.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage caused to the ticket holder directly or indirectly as a result of the Organiser exercising its right of cancellation in accordance with term 13 above.
- The following items may not under any circumstance be brought onto the site:
- drones or any other unmanned aerial vehicles/systems, explosive substances or materials, pyrotechnics, offensive weapons and firearms (including replica or toy firearms), projectiles and similar devices
- megaphones, amplifiers, loud speakers, whistles, lights and lasers
- gazebos and similar structures
- banners or placards on poles
- paint, chemicals, spray cans and other associated apparatus
- any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the Organiser, may cause personal injury or property damage, disruption to the Event, public nuisance or inconvenience, offence or distress or security risks
- Wartime Experience ONLY – assistance dogs only, no pets allowed on site
- During the Event, the site is classed as a public area and is subject to the normal rules and regulation that apply to public areas.
- No person shall, without the Organiser’s prior written consent, sell, license, or attempt to sell or license any material whether written or in the form of digital or photographic film, sound, video or other recording on computer software, obtained or made at the Event.
- Strictly no trading is permitted at or in the vicinity of the Event, other than that which is previously agreed with the Organiser.
- Please note that it is illegal to smoke or to use e-cigarettes inside buildings and enclosed structures.
- These terms of conditions may be varied by the Organiser from time to time with reasonable notice.
- If any part of these terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable that provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the intended commercial intention of the original provision and the other provisions will remain in force.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Header image: Bird of prey demonstration at The Wheels and Wings Show 2018 © Andy Catlin.