Bugs and Beasties Trail
18 Oct - 28 Nov 2022
Free with museum admission and Annual Pass
Can you find the big bugs and beasties on the way up to and around the farm and learn some fun bug facts?
Pick up our new Bugs and Beasties Trail inside the museum, then see if you can spot the six eco-friendly cardboard bugs on your way up to the farm.
You will discover fun facts about the bugs, but keep your eyes peeled for the slug, snail, slater, spider, beetle and worm!
Check out the Bugs and Beasties Trail before your visit
Museum admission prices
Pay once and visit all year with the National Museum of Rural Life Annual Pass. Some events attract a small supplement.
Child £6 (under 5 free)
Family of 4 £25 (2 adults and 2 children)
National Museums Scotland Members free
National Trust for Scotland Members free (additional charge for some events)
*60+, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people. Carers of disabled people free.
- Adapted toilets are available, including baby changing and an adult changing bench.
- There is an induction loop in the cinema
- Paths leading to the farm buildings provide firm smooth surfaces for pushchairs and wheelchairs. However, the distance is approximately half a mile and in places, the path is relatively steep. Seating is provided at regular intervals. A tractor and trailer, the Farm Explorer, is provided for this purpose and is suitable for wheelchair users. This service is free of charge and runs regularly throughout the day.
- The ground floor, but not the first floor, of the farmhouse is accessible by wheelchair.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
For more information, click here.
|This family activity is supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery|