Christmas Fair at the Farm
8 Dec 2019
Celebrate the festive season on the farm with traditional crafts and games, festive music and storytelling, Christmas gift stalls and Santa of course!
Includes an Annual Pass valid from the date of purchase
Adult £11, Concession £10*, Child £7.50 (under 5s free), Family of four £30 (2 adults, 2 children)
Annual Pass holders
Only available on the event day at the site with a valid Annual Pass
Adult £3, Concession £3*, Child £2 (under 5s free), Family of four £7
Please note: National Trust for Scotland Membership does not apply for this event.
*60+, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people.
Carers of disabled people free.
Book in person at our museums, call 0300 123 6789 or book online.
Annual Pass tickets are only available on the event day at the site with a valid Annual Pass.
Visit our farmyard nativity scene, see the Shetlands and alpacas in the animal marquee, and make your own magic reindeer dust to take home.
We make every effort to ensure the site is as accessible as possible. Please note that much of the content for this event is outdoors, held on grass farmland. As such, there are natural hills and dips which can make the ground uneven in areas. This may present challenges for those with mobility issues and wheelchairs.
- Adapted toilets are available, including baby changing and an adult changing bench.
- There is an induction loop in the cinema
- Paths leading to the farm buildings provide firm smooth surfaces for pushchairs and wheelchairs. However, the distance is approximately half a mile and in places, the path is relatively steep. Seating is provided at regular intervals. A tractor and trailer, the Farm Explorer, is provided for this purpose and is suitable for wheelchair users. This service is free of charge and runs regularly throughout the day.
- The ground floor, but not the first floor, of the farmhouse is accessible by wheelchair.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
You can find more access information here.
Terms and conditions
Ticket and entry terms and conditions
By purchasing and/or using a ticket to Country Fair, Heavy Horse Show or Christmas Fair at the Farm (the Event), you are agreeing to National Museums Scotland’s (charity number SC011130 with its registered office at National Museums Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF) (the Organiser) terms and conditions as follows:
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- Tickets are valid only for the time, day and event stated on them.
- Tickets are not for re-sale. The ticket holder shall not sell or transfer or attempt to sell or transfer tickets for the Event to any third party without the Organiser’s prior consent.
- If you have purchased tickets in advance, please ensure before you travel that you have your tickets, have printed your e-tickets, or have your e-tickets ready to show on your mobile phone. If you purchase tickets online, they will be sent by email for you to print as an e-ticket.
- Proof of entitlement to concessions will be requested upon entry.
- Lost, damaged or forgotten tickets will not be replaced.
- National Museums Scotland Members must ensure their Memberships are valid on both the date of booking and the date of the Event. A valid Membership card must be shown for each individual ticket booked.
- National Museum of Rural Life Annual Pass holders must produce a valid Annual Pass at the site on the day of the event to qualify for the Annual Pass ticket rate. A valid Annual Pass must be shown for each individual ticket purchased at this rate.
- Full price event tickets also include an Annual Pass valid from date of purchase, which allows unlimited visits for 12 months (some events attract a small supplement). Separate terms and conditions apply: nms.ac.uk/annualpass
- Disabled ticket holders are entitled to be accompanied by one carer who shall be granted free entry to the Event.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets for the Event are not valid in conjunction with group rates or promotional offers, unless specified.
- Please retain your ticket(s) throughout your visit.
- Upon entry, tickets will be checked and wristbands issued, which must be worn at all times during the event and may be checked by staff or volunteers around the site.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone any aspect of the Event content in the interest of public safety or due to any event outside its control. If any part of the programme is cancelled or curtailed in the interests of public safety or due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, such as force majeure (for example, but not limited to, an act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, act or threatened act of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, fog or bad weather, power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, theft or malicious damage), the Organiser will not be obliged to offer any refunds. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If the Organiser cancels the Event prior to the event commencing, a full refund of the face value of the ticket will be made. Where possible such refund will be made to the purchaser via the original method of payment. Any refund made will exclude booking fees.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Event for any reason where considered necessary in the interests of public safety. No refunds will be offered in such circumstances. The Organiser may conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the persons at the Event.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to the ticket holder except where any such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its employees or agents.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage caused to the ticket holder directly or indirectly as a result of the Organiser exercising its right of cancellation in accordance with term 15 above.
- The following items may not under any circumstance be brought onto the site:
- drones or any other unmanned aerial vehicles/systems, explosive substances or materials, pyrotechnics, offensive weapons and firearms (including replica or toy firearms), projectiles and similar devices
- megaphones, amplifiers, loud speakers, whistles, lights and lasers
- gazebos and similar structures
- banners or placards on poles
- paint, chemicals, spray cans and other associated apparatus
- any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the Organiser, may cause personal injury or property damage, disruption to the Event, public nuisance or inconvenience, offence or distress or security risks
- During the Event, the site is classed as a public area and is subject to the normal rules and regulation that apply to public areas.
- No person shall, without the Organiser’s prior written consent, sell, license, or attempt to sell or license any material whether written or in the form of digital or photographic film, sound, video or other recording on computer software, obtained or made at the Event.
- Strictly no trading is permitted at or in the vicinity of the Event, other than that which is previously agreed with the Organiser.
- Please note that it is illegal to smoke or to use e-cigarettes inside buildings and enclosed structures.
- These terms of conditions may be varied by the Organiser from time to time with reasonable notice.
- If any part of these terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable that provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the intended commercial intention of the original provision and the other provisions will remain in force.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Header image: Christmas gift stalls at the Christmas Fair at the farm © Andy Catlin.