Go Wild in Spring
7 Apr - 16 Apr 2020
Takes place 7–9 April and 14-16 April
Free with museum admission and Annual Pass
Our 2020 programme kicks off with a rewilding theme.
Learn how you can help our native flora and fauna flourish with family activities and outdoor adventures.
Share your event highlights on social media.
Museum admission prices
Pay once and visit all year with the National Museum of Rural Life Annual Pass. Some events attract a small supplement.
Child £5.50 (under 5 free)
Family of 4 £23 (2 adults and 2 children)
National Museums Scotland Members free
National Trust for Scotland Members free (additional charge for some events)
*60+, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people. Carers of disabled people free.
- Adapted toilets are available, including baby changing and an adult changing bench.
- There is an induction loop in the cinema
- Paths leading to the farm buildings provide firm smooth surfaces for pushchairs and wheelchairs. However, the distance is approximately half a mile and in places, the path is relatively steep. Seating is provided at regular intervals. A tractor and trailer, the Farm Explorer, is provided for this purpose and is suitable for wheelchair users. This service is free of charge and runs regularly throughout the day.
- The ground floor, but not the first floor, of the farmhouse is accessible by wheelchair.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
For more information, click here.
Our free events programme is supported by players of People's Postcode Lottery.
Header image: Go Wild this Spring at National Museum of Rural Life © Ruth Armstrong Photography.