7 Feb 2021
10:30 - 14:00
Free, booking essential
Booking available from December
Help us bring in this year’s willow crop. Find out what willow is used for and learn about the different varieties growing in the museum grounds.
Museum admission prices
Pay once and visit all year with the National Museum of Rural Life Annual Pass. Some events attract a small supplement.
Child £5.50 (under 5 free)
Family of 4 £23 (2 adults and 2 children)
National Museums Scotland Members free
National Trust for Scotland Members free (additional charge for some events)
*60+, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people. Carers of disabled people free.
- Adapted toilets are available, including baby changing and an adult changing bench.
- There is an induction loop in the cinema
- Paths leading to the farm buildings provide firm smooth surfaces for pushchairs and wheelchairs. However, the distance is approximately half a mile and in places, the path is relatively steep. Seating is provided at regular intervals. A tractor and trailer, the Farm Explorer, is provided for this purpose and is suitable for wheelchair users. This service is free of charge and runs regularly throughout the day.
- The ground floor, but not the first floor, of the farmhouse is accessible by wheelchair.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
You can find more access information here.
Share your event highlights on social media.
Header image: Willow baskets at the National Museum of Rural Life.