Chinese New Year
25 Jan 2020
Grand Gallery, Level 1
Celebrate Chinese New Year at the museum with family friendly activities and performances.
Drop in for a fun selection of traditional activities to celebrate the Year of the Rat. Starting with a spectacular Lion Dance, enjoy lively performances and demonstrations throughout the day.
- Try your hand at calligraphy
- Make a lucky red envelope
- Dress up in traditional costume
- Discover more about the Chinese zodiac animals
- Use our trail to find Chinese zodiac animals hiding around the museum
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors.
- Accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is also an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.
If you have any access requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your highlights on social media.
Supported by the Confucius Institute for Scotland in the University of Edinburgh