Christmas Art Competition
27 Dec - 29 Dec 2019
Grand Gallery, Level 1
What inspires you in the museum? Come and draw your favourite object, display or gallery.
The Christmas Art Competition has been running for over 45 years, and whether you're a first-timer looking to try something new, an art student looking for some practice during the holidays or whether you take part every year as a family tradition, we'ed love to see you and your artwork very soon.
Our annual competition is open to all ages and drawing styles. Basic drawing materials and lots of encouragement are provided. Pop by and pick up a pencil - you might just surprise yourself...!
On the day
Drop by our pick-up desk in the Grand Gallery where our friendly Learning Team and volunteers will give you a pencil, paper and clipboard. That's all you need. Take them with you to explore the Museum and find something you like to draw. When you've finished, hand in your artwork at the drop-off desk and we'll take you details to contact you if you win.
There are six age categories:
- 5 and under
- 6 - 8 years
- 9 - 11 years
- 12 - 15 years
- 16 - 20 years
- 21 years and over
The judging is done anonymously by a panel that has a background or interest in art or a passion for the Museum. They love looking through all the entries and it's very difficult to choose the winners.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors.
- Accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is also an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.
If you have any access requirements, please contact email@example.com
Share your highlights on social media.