In Conversation with the Director: Celebrating 25 years of the Scotland Galleries
7 Dec 2023
18:15 - 19:15
Free for Members, booking required
Join us to celebrate 25 years of the Scotland Galleries at the National Museum of Scotland.
Join National Museums Scotland Director Dr Chris Breward, Acting Keeper of Scottish History and Archaeology Dr Anna Groundwater and Principal Curator of Prehistoric and Roman Archaeology Dr Fraser Hunter, as we look back over the past 25 years of the Scotland Galleries.
Please note entry will be via Lothian Street entrance, not the main entrance on Chambers Street.
Doors open at 18:00.
Tickets for this in-person event are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event will also be recorded so Members can watch it online at a later date. A link to the recording will be shared in the next Members enewsletter.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.