Magic Carpet and Magic Carpet Minis
10 Jan - 28 Feb 2020
Every Friday during term-time
Grand Gallery, Level 1
Take a trip on our Magic Carpet! Explore the fantastic things in our collection in these fun pre-school sessions.
Magic Carpet sessions (2–4 years) take place on 17 Jan, 31 Jan and 21 Feb
Magic Carpet minis sessions (0–2 years) take place on 10 Jan, 24 Jan and 7 Feb
Meet at the Lighthouse Lens in the Grand Gallery Level 1
Booking opens 10:00 on preceding Thursday.
Magic Carpet and Magic Carpet Minis explore themes in our museum through songs, stories, rhymes, touch and play.
- Magic Carpet suits ages 2 to 4 years and Magic Carpet Minis suits ages 0 to 2 years.
- Sessions are for individual families with a minimum of 1 adult to 2 children ratio.
- Sessions run on Fridays during term time, with Magic Carpet and Magic Carpet Minis on alternate Fridays.
- There are limited places on these sessions, advance booking is required.
Magic Carpet update
From March to June 2020 our Magic Carpet sessions for 2-4 years olds are taking a break while we trial our new, weekly Little Adventures sessions on Wednesdays and Fridays.
We will gather feedback over this period and keep you updated about our plans for Autumn/Winter.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors.
- Accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.
Our free events programme is supported by players of People's Postcode Lottery.