Member Preview Day: Audubon’s Birds of America
11 Feb 2022
10:00 - 17:00
We are delighted to invite National Museums Scotland Members and Patrons to an exclusive preview day of Audubon’s Birds of America before the exhibition opens to the public.
Learn about the making of Birds of America, one of the world’s rarest and most coveted books, in this once-in-a-generation exhibition.
We hope you enjoy the opportunity to explore this fascinating exhibition before it opens to the public.
How to book
Tickets are available to Members and Patrons only. Pre-book your tickets using your Membership number.
We will also be able to accommodate walk-ups on the day. Just show your valid Membership card at the exhibition entrance.
Last entry is 16:30. There will be a queuing system in place at the exhibition entrance and our Visitor Experience team will ensure that you can enter the exhibition as quickly and safely as possible.
Not yet a National Museums Scotland Member?
Join online today and enjoy unlimited free entry to all our museums and exhibitions, discounts in our shops and cafés, behind the scenes access with exclusive Member events and experiences, plus much more.Become a Member
A range of new safety measures have been put in place in line with Scottish Government guidelines. This includes the requirement for all staff and visitors aged 12 and over to wear face coverings, enhanced cleaning, sneeze screens and hand sanitising stations.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. During your visit, we ask you to:
- Please keep your distance from others (1m).
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Wash your hands often.
- Card payments are the preferred method of payment.
- Face coverings must be worn by visitors over 12 years old.
Please do not visit the museum if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.
Header image: Detail of a print depicting Carolina Pigeons or Turtle Doves from Birds of America, by John James Audubon. Image © National Museums Scotland.
Exhibition supported by players of People's Postcode Lottery