Relaxed Access Evening – Doctor Who Worlds of Wonder
18 Apr 2023
17:30 - 19:30
Special Exhibition Gallery 1, Level 3. Please note entry to this event is via Lothian Street, not the Main Entrance on Chambers Street.
Standard exhibition entry prices apply
© © Robin Clewley
© © Robin Clewley
Join us for a relaxed after hours visit to Doctor Who Worlds of Wonder for anyone who would prefer a calmer visit to the exhibition.
During this opening, numbers will be reduced and wherever possible, sounds will be lowered and light levels adjusted to provide a more relaxed experience. A quiet, breakout space will also be available.
A visual welcome guide will be provided in advance to help you prepare for your visit.
This session is primarily for, but not limited to, autistic young people and adults, adults living with dementia, adults with learning difficulties or mental health challenges or any other visitors with sensory needs or who may prefer a more relaxed experience, plus their families, friends and carers.
Recommended age 8+.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- Entry is via Lothian Street which has ramped access, not via the Main Entrance on Chambers Street.
- A quiet space will be available from 17:30-19:30.
- A visual welcome guide will be shared to help you prepare for your visit.
- A member of staff will be there to assist you upon arrival.
- Lift access is available to the Special Exhibition Gallery.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please ask about availability with our Visitor Experience staff on arrival.
- Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- Accessible toilets are available and there is a Changing Places (U) toilet – for access to this please see a member of staff.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs are welcome in the museum. Water can be provided.
If you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety measures are in place to ensure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible. Current visiting information can be found on our Plan Your Visit pages.