Spotlight On: Parasites
20 Feb 2020
Join curator Sophie Goggins to explore the fight to eliminate five parasitic tropical diseases and the role of research taking place in Scotland to do this.
Auditorium, Level 1, entry via Chambers Street
Book in person at our museums, call 0300 123 6789 or book online.
Malaria, Guinea Worm, Sleeping Sickness, Schistosomiasis and Leishmaniasis affect 1 in 18 people in the world. These five parasitic diseases are among a range which the World Health Organization is aiming to eliminate, some as soon as 2020.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- The Lothian Street entrance and Auditorium are wheelchair accessible, and there is access to an accessible toilet.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors.
- Accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is also an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.
If you have any access requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your exhibition highlights on social media.