The Joy of Birds
31 Mar 2022
Free, with optional donation
Celebrate the joy we get from birds with this online discussion on the threats they face and the work being done to protect them.
No matter where you are in the world, birds connect you to nature. Join David Lindo and Duncan Orr-Ewing for a discussion celebrating the joy that birds bring us, the urgent threats they face, and the science and conservation work protecting them.
David Lindo, also known as The Urban Birder, is a wildlife broadcaster, nature writer and urban wildlife educationalist. He is Vice-President of the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust, Honorary President of the Colombia Bird Fair, and was voted 7th most influential person in Wildlife by BBC Wildlife Magazine.
Duncan Orr-Ewing is Head of Species and Land Management for RSPB Scotland.
This event includes live Q&A.
One of the original speakers for this event was Paul Walton, Head of Habitats and Species, RSPB Scotland.
- A recording of the event will be made available if you’re not able to join us on the night.
- The event will be hosted on Zoom. To book, please register your name and e-mail address via Eventbrite in the website link.
- Please note that you need only book one ticket (either an attendee ticket or an attendee with donation ticket) per household/e-mail address. Prior to the event you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to join.
- Following the talk, there will be a Q & A session.
- Please note this event will be recorded but your cameras and microphones will automatically be switched off.
Exhibition supported by players of People's Postcode Lottery