Image © National Museums ScotlandView full screen
One of seven original drawings of the engine and seating supplied by Messrs Boulton and Watt to Messrs Bott, Birch, Bower and Randall - a detail of the top of the connecting rod and its connection to the working beam, February 1796
Messrs Boulton and Watt
Pen, ink and wash on paper.
Owner of engine and seating: Messrs Bott, Birch, Bower and Randall