Museum Late: Jurassic Party
13 Mar 2020
Get up close with our fearsome friends and enjoy dinosaurs after dark as we celebrate our Tyrannosaurs exhibition. Get your teeth into a night of activity themed around the exhibition and party with the palaeontologists.
Booking will be available soon.
Age 18+, photo ID may be requested as proof of age.
Ticket includes admission to Tyrannosaurs exhibition.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit. If you have any questions about venue accessibility for your specific needs, please contact us in advance via email@example.com or ask a member of staff on the night.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street.
- Lifts are available to all event areas and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
- There is also an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- It is not a seated venue for performances. However, there is a variety of seating available around the museum galleries and in the Brasserie Bar. The Main Stage is for a standing audience (in front of the stage area on Level 1 and viewing from the Level 3 balcony above) and the Auditorium is for a seated audience.
Find out more about our access information.
Tyrannosaurs exhibition is open for the night (usual cost £12) so please do have a look round, though you may want to come back for another visit as there’s so much to see!
A cloakroom will be available. Please note there will be a charge of £1.50 per item and only coats and small bags will be accepted (no larger items or suitcases).
Food and drink will be available. In addition to the Brasserie Bar, there will be bars and hot food boxes available in the Grand Gallery.
Event timings. The event runs from 19:30 – 22:30. Ticket holders do not need to arrive for 19:30, but as there is lots to see and do we would recommend not arriving too late! Arrive early and warm up with pre-event drinks and sharing platters in our Brasserie Bar.
Strictly over 18s only. Please note that our licensing does not allow us to admit any under 18s to these events. Photo ID may be requested as proof of age.
Please note that filming and photography will take place at this event.
We welcomed hundreds of people to our Museum Late at the National Museum of Scotland on Friday 1 November, see the full album of photographs in our Flickr album.
Share your exhibition highlights on social media.