Museum Late: Big Burns Ceilidh
26 Jan 2024
19:30 - 22:30
£16-£22 including exhibition entry
(see below for details)
We’re giving our legendary Museum Lates a Scottish twist so grab your pals for a night of reels and revelry.
We’re welcoming back the fantastic Jacobites Ceilidh Band to bring the Grand Gallery to life for an evening of music and dancing.
The band will have you twirling and birling as they guide you through Strip the Willow, Dashing White Sergeant and other traditional dances.
Between the sets enjoy drinks, food, activities and a chance to enjoy the museum galleries at night, plus our Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition will be free entry on the night!
Dress code: tartan-tastic!
The night will include:
- Ceilidh in the Grand Gallery
- Bite-sized talks from our curators
- Lots of hands-on activities around our galleries
- Bars and food
- Free admission to our Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition
- Access to a selection of our galleries at night
National Museums Scotland Members £18
Student (18+), Young Scot (18 - 21)** £16
*Over 60, Disabled, Unemployed
**Valid ID required
Carers of disabled people free.
Age 18+. Ticket includes admission to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition.
Save 10% when you book 6 adult tickets together.
Challenge 25 and ticket-related ID
This event is strictly 18+.
If you’re lucky enough to look under 25, please have valid ID ready for event entry and at our bars – if it’s hard to tell, we have to ask.
Please also ensure you have the appropriate ID with you on the night (e.g. valid Membership card, student ID or Young Scot card) if you have purchased a concession price ticket.
Plan your visit
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Please note that filming and photography will take place at this event.
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Part of Burns & Beyond, a city-wide celebration organised by Unique Events.