The Cruiser II was a modified design and further improvement led to the Cruiser III in 1935. This featured a metal forward fuselage, with a rear fuselage of fabric-covered metal tubing, and wooden wings.
This fuselage comes from a Spartan Cruiser III which was operated by Northern and Scottish Airways Ltd from Renfrew Airport, Glasgow. It flew the Glasgow-Campbeltown-Islay route. In January 1938 it crashed whilst on a flight to Campbeltown to deliver film reels to a local cinema.
|Crew:||2 (pilot, wireless operator)|
|Top speed:||135 mph (217 km/h)|
|Range:||550 miles (885 km)|