Formed in 1926, the Cierva Autogyro Co Ltd issued licences to other companies to build autogyros using Cierva patents. The Scottish engineering firm G & J Weir was one such company.
The W-2 was the second autogyro built by Weir. It made its first flight at Abbotsinch Airport, Glasgow, in March 1934. Weir also built the two-cylinder engine which powered it.
|Top speed:||95 mph (153 km/h)|
|Range:||200 miles (322 km)|