Nature Track Packs
24 Jun - 31 Aug 2023
10:00 - 17:00
Borrow from the ticket desk
Free with museum admission and Annual Pass
Explore more at the National Museum of Rural Life this summer with our Nature Track Packs.
Each pack contains fun ideas and activities to encourage children to engage all their senses to explore the countryside on a walk up to the farm.
Nature Track Packs are available to borrow on a first come, first served basis over the summer – just ask on arrival at our ticket desk, then return the pack to the desk once your Track Pack adventure is complete.
You can also pick up a copy of our new trail, Lewis's Scottish Adventure Trail, to explore the museum galleries with Lewis the Highland bull.
Both activities are free with admission and our Annual Pass.
Museum admission prices
Child 5-15 £7
Under 5s Free †
National Museums Scotland Members Free †
National Trust for Scotland Members Free †
15% off when you book as a family**
*Tickets are valid for unlimited visits for 12 months from the date of purchase (additional charge for some events). Find out more about Terms and conditions apply for Annual Pass
†Additional charge for some events.
**15% off when you buy up to three Child 5–15 tickets alongside up to any two Adult or Concession tickets, with
a maximum of five tickets in total. Cannot be used in conjunction with Member tickets or any other discount or offer.
Discounts available for group bookings.
Pre-booked school visits are free; some workshop charges apply.
- Adapted toilets are available, including baby changing and an adult changing bench.
- There is an induction loop in the cinema
- Paths leading to the farm buildings provide firm smooth surfaces for pushchairs and wheelchairs. However, the distance is approximately half a mile and in places, the path is relatively steep. Seating is provided at regular intervals. A tractor and trailer, the Farm Explorer, is provided for this purpose and is suitable for wheelchair users. This service is free of charge and runs regularly throughout the day.
- The ground floor, but not the first floor, of the farmhouse is accessible by wheelchair.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
For more information, click here.
|This family activity is supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery|