1 Oct 2023
10:30 - 12:00
Studio 2, Level 4, Learning Centre
Come along to the first of a series of new sensory play sessions for children with additional support needs.
Families with children with additional support needs and disabilities are invited to join our new programme of sensory play sessions.
These sessions are designed for children aged 5–10, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child is outside this age bracket but you think they might enjoy coming along.
Sensory Sunday sessions will be relaxed, fun and hands-on and will respond to the needs of the families participating. You are welcome to come and go at any point during the session.
The first Sensory Sunday is now sold out.
Part of Maths Week Scotland, we will be exploring the theme of Maths in Motion through crafts and hands-on activities.
Sensory Sunday sessions will take place in our Learning Centre which is a secure space with accessible toilets nearby. A separate quiet/break-out room will also be available should it be needed.
Refreshments will be provided.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
- Find out more about our access information. If you have any questions about accessing this event, please email us in advance at email@example.com