Head outdoors and see how many brilliant birds you can spot with the help of some bright binoculars! Learn how to make them here!
5+ (Adult supervision required!)
30 minute build
1. Cover two of the toilet rolls with coloured paper or paint them your favourite colour
3. Take the third toilet roll and cut it in half lengthwise.
5. If you'd like to make a focussing wheel for your binoculars, cut a 3.5cm long slit in the top strip.
7. Push the wheel through the slit, with the split pin's legs on the underside. Tape the split pin into place.
2. Stick Washi tape, in a contrasting colour, around the ends.
4. Measuring from the top of this roll, cut a strip around 4cm wide. This will become the top of the binoculars and can be painted or covered in washi tape.
6. Cover or paint the cardboard circle and push a split pin through the centre. Make sure that wheel is able to rotate freely when turned.
8. Attach the top of the binoculars to the eyepieces either by gluing or fastening with split pins
Practice your bird spotting skills by building your very own Blue Tit buddy to spot!Museum Maker: Busy Blue Tit