25 Nov 2023 - 24 Feb 2024
See exact dates below
10:30 - 12:00
Level 4, Learning Centre
£10 (Members and Concessions £9)
Calling all inquisitive kids aged 7 -11! Our popular Curiosity Clubs are back this winter for more adventure, discovery and fun.
Leave your grown-ups at the door and unleash your creativity and curiosity topic each month, we’ve captured some of the museum’s most exciting and child friendly collections and themes, for kids to explore through games, activities, and visits to some of our most interactive galleries.
Saturday 25 November: Romans
Saturday 9 December: Oceans
Saturday 20 January: Ancient Egypt
Saturday 24 February: Volcanoes
We will be open for ticket holders 10 mins in advance of start times, so that the sessions can begin promptly.
Please note that these sessions are for children aged 7 – 11 years without their grown-ups present.
We are now also offering a relaxed version of the Curiosity Club for ASN families from 14:00 – 15:00. Parents/carers will be able to stay for these sessions which will have a reduced capacity and include an optional gallery visit after the hour of activities. Please see here for more info and to book.
Plan your visit
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.