26 Jan - 28 Jun 2024
February dates: 2 Feb (VI group) and 23 Feb (D/deaf group)
14:00-16:00, selected Friday afternoons
National Museum of Scotland
Free, pre-booking required
Our Friday Friends programme offers a welcoming space for visually impaired and D/deaf children and their families.
About Friday Friends
Since 2018, in partnership with The City of Edinburgh Council Additional support for learning service, monthly Friday Friends sessions have welcomed two groups to the museum:
- D/deaf children and their families
- Visually impaired children and their families
All children attend mainstream schools.
The groups meet monthly and rotate around three venues: Edinburgh Zoo, The National Museum of Scotland and The Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Friday 2 February VI Friday Friends: Rising Tide
Friday 23 February D/deaf Friday Friends: Rising Tide
The National Museum of Scotland
Booking links below
2023/4 Friday Friends Programme:
For more information about the programme please contact email@example.com or call 0131 247 4313 (please note this phone number is not staffed everyday but please leave a message)
Friday Friends run monthly from 14:00-16:00 across three Edinburgh venues:
- The National Museum of Scotland
- Holyrood Palace
- Edinburgh Zoo
The event is free but please register beforehand.
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on most floors, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Find out more about our access information.