Relaxed Curiosity Club
25 Nov 2023 - 24 Feb 2024
See exact dates below
14:00 - 15:00
Level 4, Learning Centre
£10 (Members and Concessions £9)
Exciting, hands-on sessions for curious ASN families.
A relaxed version of our Curiosity Club for children with additional support needs and their families. Unleash your inner museum detective and explore through games, activities, and an optional gallery visit. There’s a range of different topics to choose from, each capturing some of the museums most exciting and child friendly collections and themes.
These sessions are particularly aimed at children with additional support needs, neurodivergent children or children with disabilities. For these Relaxed Curiosity Clubs parents/carers are invited to stay and either join in with the activities or enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the foyer of the activity area. We aim to create a friendly, fun, and relaxed environment for ASN children to explore our Curiosity Club activities with the reassurance of their parents/carers being with them or nearby.
These sessions will have a reduced capacity and a slightly less pressured pace to allow more time for enjoying the activities. The sessions will take place within our Learning Centre on Level 4, but families are also welcome to join us for an optional visit to a relevant public gallery immediately after the session at 3pm.
Content is aimed at ages 7 – 11 but is not a set age range for participants - we welcome all families who think they might enjoy these sessions. Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to find more information before you book.
Please note that children with additional support needs or neurodivergent children who would still feel comfortable participating in our standard Curiosity Club sessions (ie without parents/carers present) are welcome to do so. The relaxed sessions are for those who might prefer a shorter, more supported session with reduced numbers and the option of parent/carers remaining to help.
Saturday 25 November: Romans
Saturday 9 December: Oceans
Saturday 20 January: Ancient Egypt
Saturday 24 February: Volcanoes
We will be open for ticket holders 10 mins in advance of start times, so that the sessions can begin at 2pm.
Please note that these sessions are for ASN families with up to 2 parents/carers attending per participating child.
Plan your visit
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.