3 Dec 2023 - 7 Jan 2024
10:30 - 12:00
Level 4, Studio 2, Learning Centre
Free, booking required
Exciting, hands-on sensory play sessions for children with additional support needs.
Families with children with additional support needs and disabilities are invited to join our programme of sensory play sessions. Explore the museum’s collections, get creative and meet other families.
Sensory Sunday sessions are relaxed, fun and hands-on, and respond to the needs of the families participating. You are welcome to come and go at any point during a session.
These sessions are suitable for children with additional support needs, neurodivergent children or children with disabilities. The content is aimed at ages 5-10 but is not set – we welcome all families who think they might enjoy these sessions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to find out more before you book.
Upcoming dates themes
Sunday 3 December: Arctic Animals
Sunday 7 January: Space and Your Senses
Sensory Sunday sessions will take place in our Learning Centre which is a secure space with accessible toilets nearby. A separate quiet/break-out room is available if needed.
Refreshments will be provided.
Plan your visit
We want everyone who comes to our museums to enjoy their time with us and make the most of their visit.
- There is level access to the Museum via the main doors to the Entrance Hall on Chambers Street and the Tower entrance at the corner of Chambers Street and George IV Bridge.
- Lifts are available to all floors and accessible toilets are available on Levels 0 and 3, as well as a Changing Places (U) toilet in the Entrance Hall on Level 0.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan at no charge. Please note wheelchairs cannot be booked in advance. On arrival, ask about availability at the Information Desk. Small mobility scooters are permitted inside the museum.
- There is an induction loop in the Auditorium.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.